Advertisement for the slideshows

Monday, December 21, 2009

3rd United Taekwondo Championship

It was 4.40am in the morning before my alarm rang me up...it had been a while since I last used it...like...hmmm...in the early of Nov for the exams? I drive to the centre and meet up with other people and had to carry all the stuff (floor mat and other equipment to Taman Rasnah Secondary School... We took almost arranging all the equipment and set up the scene for the championship to take place...and by 8am...all the people rushed and got themselves into the referees outfit. I was a bit nervous and it seems to be rather obvious as Ernest (the Head of Court for our ring)and Cheok Wei San (another referee in our ring) asked me to cool down...after I sent out 3 consecutive kyong-go (warning penalty) to a fighter and Ernest said I was too harsh LOL XD but since then I cooled down a bit...and gave out lesser warning penalty haha but it just seems that all the matches I refereed had got some really tough fighter, and in one of the matches, the fighter twice got the medic over...and eventually gave up the match... After all the matches were finished, the seniors battle started and all the involved referees quickly changed their clothes and put on the sparring equipment and fought against each other. That was the highlights of the championship, the brilliant stuff of the whole championship. Then we again packed and cleaned up the hall and then moved the equipment back to centre before we could have our dinner together in a restaurant. Nice meal after a tired day...

No comments: